Navigation

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Easiest Soup You Will Ever Make

My mom's friend shared the following recipe with her (Thanks, Rose!), and my mom graciously shared it with me. It is the easiest soup to make.....ever. This will feed several people. Perfect for a cold day, quick dinner, unexpected guests, or just cause you're feeling it!

The ingredients....yes, just these!




Beautiful!




If I had to name this soup - it would be Black Bean, Roasted Corn & Rice Soup.  But that's a little long, so you can just say "That Trader Joe's Bean Soup"

The ingredients are:

1 bag frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's
1 bag chimichurri rice from Trader Joe's
1 box Latin Style Black Bean soup from Trader Joe's
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed.

Pour all into a pot, cover, heat through until everything is hot - about 30 minutes stirring occasionally on med-low.

I served it with a little shredded cheddar and oyster crackers.

I think next time I will add cubed cooked chicken for a non-vegetarian option.

Seriously- that's it! Perfect substitution for chili if you are a vegetarian.  After Joey had some he said to "add it to the list", so you know it's good.

Next time you are at Trader Joe's, pick these items up and keep them handy for a last minute dinner idea - it will seem like you worked all day on it. So quick and easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!