Navigation

Monday, August 25, 2014

Tore Up From the Floor Up


One of the reasons I have not posted lately other than being incredibly lazy and joining the library (NERD ALERT! Which, by the way, has a fantastic cookbook section) is that we are in the midst of an amazing complete kitchen renovation.









Before

Day 1

Progress after Week 1

In pictures, the previous kitchen doesn't look THAT BAD (or so I have heard from some).  Oh honey, it was BAD. Check out the 80s desk and the soffits. Gorg. Plus, when we moved in, I chose the color and grew to really dislike it.

We first started our journey over a year ago, with a consultation from Don, our project manager. I had no idea what I wanted at the time. Just wanted updated, clean, fresh stuff.  Spoiler alert: a kitchen renovation is not cheap. It's not like, yeah! We have unlimited funds, let's reno the kitchen! Although, le sigh, wouldn't that be nice? So, we got some ideas, a plan was drawn up by Don, and we decided to save our monies to get our dream kitchen.  A long time passes by, and we finally bite the bullet and start getting things done.

So, we are 3 weeks into the renovation. It has certainly been interesting not cooking. I have no idea what to do with my time in the evenings. So, I drink tons of iced coffee, get all wired up and throw out tons of crap we've collected into the large dumpster that has taken residence in the backyard.

Currently, we are at a point of: all new drywall, new ceiling (NO MORE TEXTURE! WAHOOOO!), recessed cans lighting, full flooring and a wide open space.


After Week 2 and 3


 The floor was replaced where it was missing from what was torn out, and that was the last step until the cabinets can come in to live! The floor at this point looks like it doesn't match, but it does, promise. There is SO. Much. Dust.


View from dining room, after floor was replaced.
My cute model, Jade.

So far, so good. More updates are on the way as they happen.



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! You will love it I know, and I will be utterly jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!